Thanks for your interest in volunteering with UROC! We are always looking for help with our many events, races, trail maintenance and other initiatives. We will update this page with details as specific volunteer opportunities become available.
Or if you’d like to find out more about volunteering with UROC, send us a message at: firstname.lastname@example.org
UROC/CCSS Fall Programs – Volunteer Opportunities
Are you looking for a way to give back to the riding community and share the stoke with the next generation of riders? Check out these fun opportunities this fall through programs offered in partnership with the Cumberland Community School Society (CCSS)!
Mountain Bike Club Ride Leaders
Volunteers needed to help with after-school Mountain Bike Club! Thursdays 2:45 – 5 PM, April 23rd – June 11th – 2020.
Offered by the Cumberland Community Schools Society and the United Riders of Cumberland this program provides an opportunity for students of all skill levels to ride in a supportive group setting. Ride leaders are responsible for leading a small group (with another ride leader) and encouraging a positive environment.
Volunteer Ride Leaders must:
- Provide a Criminal Record Clearance
- Be familiar with the Cumberland Trail Network
- Have the ability to handle minor mechanical bike repairs (ie. change a flat tube, adjust brakes)
- Be a current UROC member
- Enjoy working with children & youth
- Volunteers don’t need to be available for the full 8 weeks- even a few days can help!