UROC TRAIL CREW – PART TIME
The United Riders of Cumberland is seeking applications for one part-time trail crew position to work on a variety of trail maintenance projects (drainage, structure maintenance, brushing etc.) throughout the Cumberland trail network. The part-time trail crew will also:
- attend regular crew meetings,
- assist with work project planning,
- other trail administrative duties including maintaining inventory of trail maintenance tools and supplies, and liaising with contractors,
- lead UROC volunteer engagement activities (such as public Trail Maintenance Days, support volunteer builder efforts as directed by Trail Manager, attend Builders Meetings)
- and other trail maintenance related duties as required.
This position will total approximately 480 hours from date of hire through December 2019. Successful applicants will coordinate work schedules and priorities with the UROC Trail Manager. Barring forest closure for fire danger, crew members will be expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per month with the majority of work to be completed between June and December 1.
Applicants MUST have:
- A valid Class 5 drivers licence;
- Experience in trail maintenance, construction, and Trail Technical Feature (TTF) maintenance;
- Working knowledge of the Whistler Trail Standards;
- Familiarity with the Cumberland Trail Network;
- Experience using and access to appropriate power tools;
- A 4WD vehicle suitable for work access and moving tools and materials and with a minimum coverage of 5 million third party liability insurance; and
- Be a UROC member.
Hourly wage will be commensurate with experience and vehicle use will be reimbursed on a per kilometre basis.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter via email to Nathan Kwan, UROC Trail Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received until the position is filled. Employment contract term will be between date of hire and December 31, 2019.