UROC TRAIL CREW – CASUAL
The United Riders of Cumberland is seeking applications for one casual trail crew position to work on a variety of trail maintenance projects (drainage, structure maintenance, brushing etc.) throughout the Cumberland trail network. The casual trail crew will also attend regular crew meetings, and may also assist UROC with volunteer engagement activities (such as public Trail Maintenance Days) and other trail maintenance related duties as required.
This position will total approximately 100 hours from March through December 2019. Successful applicants will be called in to work on specific work projects by the UROC Trail Manager and will coordinate work schedules with the Trail Manager and part-time Trail Crew members. While there is no expected minimum or maximum hours per month, the majority of work projects will likely be completed between May 15 and October 31 and must be pre-approved by the Trail Manager.
Applicants MUST have:
- A valid Class 5 drivers licence;
- Experience in trail maintenance, construction, and Trail Technical Feature (TTF) maintenance;
- Working knowledge of the Whistler Trail Standards;
- Familiarity with the Cumberland Trail Network;
- A 4WD vehicle suitable for work access and moving tools and materials and with a minimum coverage of 5 million third party liability insurance; and
- Be a UROC member.
Hourly wage will be commensurate with experience and vehicle use will be reimbursed on a per kilometre basis.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter via email to Nathan Kwan, UROC Trail Manager at: [email protected]
Applications will be received until May 15, 2019. Employment contract term will be between May 15 and December 31, 2019.