powered by Trailforks.com
How to become a UROC Sponsor »
©2020 United Riders of Cumberland | Website Design and Development by moamedia.ca
Over the past several days UROC has been monitoring the Covid-19 outbreak by collecting careful direction and professional advice from the decision-making experts directly responsible to the Comox Valley. It is first and foremost that all of the UROC directives and recommendations are practiced by the UROC staff and the UROC board of directors. UROC does not hold the responsibility to close the trail network and or the access to the trails system; At this time the trail network remains open. Senior government will be the next decision-makers if all outside activity zones are to be closed and communities go into lock down. Please note that major recreational areas with high concentrations of general public have long been closed, e.g. Mt Washington.
UROC has received clear direction from the Village of Cumberland and the Comox Valley Regional District for the UROC members and all the users of the Cumberland trail network. UROC and the Cumberland trail network users are asked to respect the following recommendations:
– No mountain biking on trails in the Cumberland network due to the risk of injury and the associated strain this would have on our medical system;
– Only sensibly recreate solo or with members of your household;
– Do not travel across immediate or larger communities to recreate, please restrict all travel;
– Practice physical and social distancing at all times; and
– Go home, stay at home, stay safe.
MAKING YOUR OWN DECISIONS: If you chose to ignore recommendations please read the following: – Mountain biking during the COVID-19 pandemic puts you and others at risk; – Riding injuries put unnecessary stress on medical systems that need all available resources to fight the virus, and group rides increase your chances of exposure; and – Follow all local health authority directives, and DO NOT take risks.
Village of Cumberland
The following Village of Cumberland parking lots will be closed effective immediately:
– Cumberland Recreation Centre parking lot
– BMX parking lot at Village Park
– Coal Creek Historic Park parking lots (Jumbo’s Cabin, Lower Chinatown Historic Site)
Municipal Playgrounds and Play Structures including Village Park, N0. 6 Mine Heritage Park and Lake Park., Skate park at Village Park, Off-leash dog park at Village Park, Tennis Courts at Village Park and the Jump park.