- This event has passed.
Trail Building & Maintenance Workshop – Level 1
March 14 @ 4:00 pm – March 15 @ 4:00 pm
Learn the fundamentals of trail maintenance and construction from Mark Wood, of Trail Holistics. Topics covered include layout, design, realignment & repair, hazard & structure assessment, trail standards and classification, gradient, climbing trails, corners and switchbacks. Includes a classroom session, a field session, and a practical trail construction project.
- Saturday, March 14th – Full day for the Classroom Session and trail analysis.
- Sunday March 15th – Half day for the trail project
- Must be 14 years and older.
- Snacks provided for the class room session.
- Meet at the Village of Cumberland Council Chambers (2675 Dunsmuir Avenue)
- Bring a Pen & paper
- Have Work wear/rain wear – gloves, boots (not running shoes!)
- Bring Water, snacks
- Registration is free; however, participants must be current members of the United Riders of Cumberland ($30 for adults, $20 for youth under 19).
REGISTER NOW to avoid disappointment.