UROC TRAIL CREW
The United Riders of Cumberland is seeking applications for two seasonal trail crew positions to work on a variety of trail maintenance projects (drainage, structure maintenance, brushing etc.) throughout the Cumberland trail network. The trail crew will also attend regular crew meetings, and may also assist UROC with volunteer engagement activities (such as public Trail Maintenance Days) and other trail maintenance related duties as required.
This position will total 250 hours from February through December. Successful applicants will coordinate work schedules and priorities with the UROC Trail Manager. Barring forest closure for fire danger, crew members will be expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per month with the majority of work to be completed between April 1 and October 31.
Applicants must have:
- A valid Class 5 drivers licence;
- Experience in trail maintenance, construction, and Trail Technical Feature (TTF) maintenance;
- Working knowledge of the Whistler Trail Standards;
- Familiarity with the Cumberland Trail Network;
- A 4WD vehicle suitable for work access and moving tools and materials and with a minimum coverage of 5 million third party liability insurance; and
- Be a UROC member.
Wages will be commensurate with experience and vehicle use will be reimbursed on a per kilometre basis.
UROC is a registered Non Profit Society with the following goals:
- To advocate for mountain biking.
- To foster a positive working relationship with landowners to facilitate access.
- To build and maintain mountain bike trails.
- To host mountain bike events.
- To promote and encourage mountain biking in youth.
- To facilitate group rides.
- To encourage the positive spirit of mountain biking in the community.
- To work with other community groups, agencies, societies and organizations sharing similar purposes.
- To raise funds as necessary to institute the purpose of the society
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter via email to Nathan Kwan, UROC Trail Manager at:
Applications will be received until February 23, 2017. Employment contract term will be between Mar 9 and December 15, 2018.