United Riders of Cumberland Membership Information
For 2011 we will again be using Cycling BC as our insurance company and are now setup for online registration. Club fees are $10 and the license you choose depends on if you would like to join just our UROC events ($36 + $10 club fee) or all the Island Cup Series events ($46 + $10 club fee). There are also other options for those racing at a National or International level!
Check our Membership Page to find out more and Register Online
Paper forms are available at DCC and at the registration desk at UROC sponsored events.
Included in the membership is the following Perk Package:
- UROC Beer Glass!!!! Ya….. that’s right….. BEER GLASS!*
- 10% off Parts, Accessories and Apparel at Dodge City Cycles, Trail Bicycles, Mountain City Cycle, Simon’s Cycle & the Tread Shed @ Mt. Washington
- 10% off @ Riding Fool Hostel
- Insured weekly group rides & group getaways
- Excellent events and socials
- Bike fit and suspension set up by Dodge City Cycles.
Fresh out of the 2011 AGM, the United Riders of Cumberland announces their 2011 events:
- XC, April 10
- DH, April 17
- Twelve Hours of Cumberland, June 18
- UROC affiliate Event – Hornby Island, Island Cup Finals!!! June 25/26
- Fall Classic October 2!
- Women’s Rides – Start April 6 (Every Wednesday following!)
- Kids Club at Cumberland Schools program Starts April 7th
- NEW – All ages Rides (Kids and adults!!!) Leaving from DCC at 6pm starting April 12th
The UROC Annual General Meeting is slated for March 3rd, 2011 at 7:00pm. Location is set as Tarbells Cafe, 2705 Dunsmuir Ave, Cumberland. The agenda will be as follows:
- Minutes of 2010 AGM
- Confirmation of minutes/agenda.
- President’s Speech
- Treasurers report
- Election of Board
- Closing remarks
All interested members are invited to attend.
On Sunday November 7th, 2010, the United Riders of Cumberland are proud to present; the Fall Classic Cross Country Mountain Bike Race! The race is a fun focussed cross country race for men, women and children of all ages! The Fall Classic has been organized to raise awareness, support and money for the Cumberland Community Forest Society. The CCFS has worked hard for 10 years to preserve forest lands adjacent to Cumberland and you, your family and friends can help preserve more! All you have to do is show up and ride your bike!
Registration is from 10:30am – 12:30pm @ Dodge City Cycles (Right in the heart of Cumberland)
Race Start is 1:00pm at the #6 Mine Park
Race fee is by donation to the CCFS!
Other highlights include a post race bbq, draw prizes and more!